Connection, choices and support for flood-affected schools, young people & their families.
We provide a range of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing activities to build the resilience of flood-affected young people (aged 8–18 years) in the Northern Rivers Region.
Our goals are simple:
- Power to choose: We coach young people how to make positive choices that improve wellbeing and how to be a supportive friend.
- Ready for anything: We build confidence in young people so they can handle setbacks – and bounce back from tough situations.
- Helping hands: We offer counselling and support and let them know it’s okay to ask for help.
- Support for parents and carers: We help parents and carers support their kids emotionally and socially.
- Community fun: We support connection through fun activities for everyone to get involved in.
- Together as one: We know everyone in our community has a role in supporting our kids.
- Easy access: We make it easy for kids and families to access services.
- Teamwork: We work together with other support services to provide a safety net.
Ballina Shire, Byron Shire, Kyogle Shire, Lismore Shire, Richmond Valley, Tweed Shire
Our Wellbeing Hubs are in:
Ballina, Casino, Kyogle, Lismore, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah
We do outreach to smaller communities impacted by the 2022 floods, including: Broadwater, Brunswick Heads, Coraki, Evan Heads, Nimbin, Wardell, Woodburn
We will be posting our opening hours soon
You can view our flyer by clicking here.
The Resilient Kids Program is funded by Healthy North Coast through a grant provided by the Australian Government.