Youth expert Garry King will be offering two workshops in Nerang on November 30: ‘Working with Young People who Self Harm’ and ‘Building Resilience in Young People’.
The complexity of issues facing young people today continues to grow. Adolescence is in itself a time of conflict. The required responses of workers with young people continue to grow. These workshops utilise the latest research to better equip workers with young people, and will provide answers applicable to your day-to-day work.
What participants will gain from this workshop? – Self Injury
- Understand differences and links between non-suicidal self injury (NSSI) and suicidal behaviour.
- Identifying those most at risk of non-suicidal self injury.
- Risk factors for non-suicidal self injury.
- Protective factors for non-suicidal self injury.
- Strategies to address self injury behaviour – short / long term.
The workshop venue is St Brigid’s Catholic Parish (Church & Primary School), Nerang.
Post expires at 2:16pm on Friday November 30th, 2018