If you are you interested in supporting families, carers, children and young people to make positive changes in their lives then this could be the position for you.
Family Connect in Schools Program currently has a vacancy for a Program Worker based at Schools from Grafton to Maclean.
Family Connect in Schools (FCiS) provides timely information and advice to families, carer’s and community partners and supports appropriate referrals and provides practical assistance to families, children and young people.
The Program Worker
- provides high quality, strengths based and person centred intake, assessments and interventions within a case management framework.
- will be flexible and responsive to the needs of the service, build positive connections and work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- will be part of a highly skilled, supportive and motivated team
The ideal candidate will
- be innovative and solution focused, passionate and have great people skills
- Have a deep understanding of the challenges that face families, children and young people
- Possess the ability to achieve positive outcomes for customers within a fast-paced environment
- Have knowledge of local support services and referral pathways
- Work across 3 schools over 4 or 5 days
- Work independently in a school environment
Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 45 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability.
What Social Futures Offers:
- Generous Salary packaging options
- Staff Well-being Program and Corporate Memberships
- Part time working options
- Opportunity to bank additional days leave per year
- Access to ongoing Learning and Development
- Staff Recognition Program and Organisational Celebration Events
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer and will actively recruit our workforce from key communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQSB and people living with a disability, people with lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Social Futures is committed to prioritising the safety and well-being of children and upholds the National Child Safe Principles. Working with Children, National Police Check and COVID Vaccination are mandatory requirements for all staff.
Applications close 4:00 pm Friday, 19 August 2022.
To access a position description, address the selection criteria and apply online, please visit our website:
Or click the "APPLY" button below if you have followed the online application link.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK
Only those who apply via the Social Futures Website and that adequately address the Selection Criteria will be considered.
For further information, please contact Cassie Primmer on 0448 876 341.