In 2022... be part of something bigger
Social Futures is looking to add to our NDIS Local Area Coordination teams across our Northern NSW offices (Tweed Heads, Ballina, Grafton and Lismore). As a Local Area Coordinator (LAC), you will assist people with disability to access the full benefits of the National Disability Insurance Scheme as well as other community and mainstream organisations that support their individual goals. You will do this by;
- supporting people to gain access to the NDIS;
- providing information and linkages to other supports for people with disability;
- holding planning meetings with participants to create their NDIS plan;
- assisting participants, their families and carers to build their own capacity to maximise Plan use; and
- building the community’s understanding of inclusion
Your ability to balance both individual customer needs with positive community outcomes, makes this a varied and interesting position.
We are looking for people who:
- Enjoy delivering exceptional customer service;
- Is a self-learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Enjoy a primarily office based role with a strong admin focus;
- Are confident in a variety of customer management systems;
- Can manage and prioritise multiple tasks with speed and accuracy;
- Contribute to a great team culture
Your experience of working with people with disability may come from personal or professional experience, or just a passion to see all people live a life they choose.
What Social Futures Offers:
- Generous Salary packaging options
- Staff Well-being Program and Corporate Memberships
- Part time working available for discussion
- Opportunity to bank additional days
- Access to ongoing Learning and Development
- Staff Recognition Program and Organisational Celebration Events
Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 45 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability. Social Futures currently serves more than 80% of regional New South Wales.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer. Social Futures will actively recruit our workforce from targeted communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQSB, people living with a disability and/or lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Social Futures is committed to prioritising the safety and well-being of children and upholds the National Child Safe Principles. Working with Children, NDIS Worker Screening Check clearances and COVID Vaccination are mandatory requirements for all staff.
Applications close 8:00am Monday, 22nd August 2021.
To access a position description, address the selection criteria and apply online, please visit our website:
Or click the "APPLY" button below if you have followed the online application link.
DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK
Only those who apply via the Social Futures Website and that adequately address the Selection Criteria will be considered.
For further information, please contact Martelle Geurts on 0429 639 528.