HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters) Goonellabah is now taking enrolments for the 2019 age 4 cohort. They are also looking for two new parent mentors to start in 2019.
- HIPPY is a two-year home visiting program for families with children the year before school and into their first year of school
- Aboriginal parent mentors visit the families and deliver fun early learning activities for parents/carers to do with their jarjums
- The program includes cultural activities and excursions for families enrolled
- HIPPY offers training & employment opportunities for parents/carers in the program
- HIPPY Goonellabah prioritises the enrolment of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander families
For more information about becoming a HIPPY Parent Mentor contact: Zoe Dodd at YWCA Australia, Monday-Thursday on 6625 5803 or 0450 840 179, email: [email protected] or drop in to the YWCA, 101A Rous Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
Post expires at 7:07pm on Wednesday December 5th, 2018