- Full Time 76 hours per fortnight
- SCHCADS Award Level 4
- Fixed Term until 30 June 2019
Social Futures is a NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Partner in the Community delivering the NDIS Local Area Coordination (LAC) Transition Services. These services:
- provide support for people with disability and their families to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (the Scheme);
- assist people with disability, their families and carers to build and pursue their goals for a good life, exercise choice and control and engage with the Scheme; and
- ensure that people with disability can be supported outside the Scheme by working with communities and mainstream services to build awareness and to become more inclusive of the range of needs and aspirations of people with disability.
Local Area Coordinators (LACS) are committed to improving the lives of people with disability and work directly with participants to facilitate choice and control over the services they receive. LAC seeks to facilitate positive individual and social change by assisting people with disability to have valued and quality lives, enable families to remain an important and enduring support and for communities to become more welcoming and inclusive.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer, accredited by White Ribbon Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply. Social Futures priorities child safety. Current Working With Children and National Police Check clearances are a condition of employment.
For further information, please contact Jen Klower – 0439 210 366
Applications close 9am Monday 30 July 2018.