The Department of Home Affairs and the Australian Border Force have announced that applications for Border Force Officer Recruit Traineeships (BFORT) are now open, closing on Sunday 18 November 2018.
The ABF invitex applications from people with different cultural backgrounds, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity or sexual orientation.
In support of the Indigenous Employment Strategy, an Affirmative Measures (Indigenous) recruitment pathway will run alongside the standard vacancy and is open to community members who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. For more information about diversity in the ABF visit our website.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- an Australian citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- able to attain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance and Employment Suitability Clearance
- able to attain and maintain relevant medical and fitness standards
- have completed a Year 12 education, or Year 10 with a trade certificate or Year 10 with a Cert IV and/or equivalent
- willing to meet the requirements of a Border Force Officer (including the completion of Operational Safety Training and be willing to carry and use personal defence equipment, including a firearm, if required).
- Able to provide proof of heritage if applying for the Affirmative Measures (Indigenous) vacancies
The link to the advertised positions can be found in the recruitment portal.
For any queries in relation to applying or the BFORT program please email HOBAN Recruitment on [email protected] or call them on 1300 109 166.
Post expires at 7:15pm on Sunday November 18th, 2018