Quality, Risk, Compliance & Excellence
Quality Assurance & Safeguards
Our commitment to quality, safety and governance is demonstrated by accreditation under Australian Service Excellence Standards.
Our governance and risk frameworks are evidenced-based, aligning to ISO9001 standards, NDIS Quality Safeguards Framework and National Standards for Disability Services. Our high-performance culture drives open communication and collaboration across incidents, risk management and quality improvement. Under this framework the Social Futures compliance team undertake an annual quality audit and ensures any improvements are implemented for both our internal departments and subcontractors.
Complaints and feedback management: A standardised complaints process has been developed with regular audits assessing compliance. All complaints are collated and themes and learning’s used for service improvement.
Record keeping and information management: Social Futures is compliant with accurate record keeping and information management. Social Futures’ privacy officers lead regular auditing against the Agreement and Privacy Act.
Social Futures has a proactive and systematic approach to risk management that embeds risk into all levels of decision making and business processes. Our Quality and Compliance Manager implements the organisational risk framework across services, with oversight from the Executive and Board.
Our risk management processes are facilitated by:
• Positive risk culture supported by training and facilitated by scheduled agenda items in team meetings. Managers receive training and support to facilitate risk management and awareness locally
• Risk and incident reporting: Logged centrally and audited monthly to identify trends and report to the Executive. Actions plans are developed for risks and escalated to the Board if deemed high.
• Scheduled regular review of Risk Management, WHS, Business Continuity Plans and organisational policies and procedures
• Governance: Local risk registers are reported to our central risk committee to establish organisational risks to communicate to the Board.
People at Social Futures share a desire to make a positive difference in our communities. The Practice Excellence Team supports this by:
- Helping to base everything we do on the best available evidence, theory and research
- Fostering a deep curiosity about our work and learning from our participants
- Sharing the knowledge that emerges from our work with each other so we can achieve greater impact
We work collaboratively with people from all over Social Futures to develop learning resources and activities in order to build our capacity. There is a great depth of knowledge at Social Futures because we attract people from different walks of life. Staff at Social Futures bring with them their own set of skills and expertise from years in the sector, their own lived experience and a shared love of learning.
Practice Excellence means developing a deeper understanding of the theory and research that supports our practice, fostering curiosity, taking learnings from our everyday practice and participants, and finding creative ways to share the expansive and varied knowledge we have. These include reflective practice groups, yarning circles, communities of practice, online and face to face training, advice and consultation.
Our Practice Framework is a collection of theories, evidence and approaches that applies to every role in the organization. All of our people receive practical, skills-based training in how to apply the Practice Framework to their role, including how to bring our values to life. Examples of this work include:
Our Core Values: Close Up
- Valuing each other’s uniqueness is what brings us together as a whole
- Openly welcoming all creates connection and belonging
- We look for the opportunity to learn from other people by listening with an open mind
- When we are genuinely curious we inspire others to discover their own solutions
- We are greater than the sum of our parts when we come together authentically, transparently and honestly
- Do what you say, say what you do. If you’re not sure, ask