With the theme of exploring “What’s Working” in Evidence Based Practice for the Community Services Sector, this Summit will be held at The University of Newcastle, Central Coast Ourimbah Campus on Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
Social Innovations are new strategies, concepts and ideas that have demonstrated application in addressing social needs and issues in society. This Summit will showcase new innovative projects and approaches that are demonstrated as having a social impact across the most prevalent social issues of Australian communities today.
This Summit will focus on understanding and implementing evidence based practice and building organisational capacity into Community Services Sector Organisations.
This Summit will bring to the Community Services Sector in Australia best practice, evidence based practice, and leading innovation, from around the world and locally in Australia, in the contemporary areas in which the Sectors deal with.
The themed presentations, addressing 8 contemporary areas in which the Sector is currently dealing with, will showcase leading social innovation and best practice in services, projects, programs or approaches of the speakers that are evidence based and are generating outcomes for families and communities.
The 8 contemporary areas addressed will be:
- What’s Working in Child Support Services
- What’s Working in Youth Support Services
- What’s Working in Indigenous Support Services
- What’s Working in Family Support Services
- What’s Working in Disability Support Services
- What’s Working in Domestic Violence Support Services
- What’s Working in Mental Health Support Services
- What’s Working in Drug & Alcohol Support Services