The Spring 2017 Recre8 Program is for 14-19 year old vulnerable, traumatised and at-risk young men in the Northern Rivers NSW and Southern Gold Coast regions. Centred around a fun and adventurous ten-day hiking & canoeing expedition, it is an early-intervention opportunity for young people who want to work through challenges they may be facing internally, at home, at school, and in their community – to build a better life for themselves.
It combines a fun and life-affirming adventure with professional therapeutic counselling and support to help young people re-evaluate and recreate their lives.
- Phase 1: Applications close: October 16, 2017
- Phase 2: Preparation Camp: November 13-14, 2017
- Phase 3: Expedition: November 20-29, 2017
- Phase 4: Reunion: December 18-19, 2017
- Email or phone and provide a brief description of the young person and why you think they might benefit.
- If they are suitable, application forms will be made available.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed and supported to prepare for the program.
- Participants will be selected based on need, how well the program is likely to be a good fit for them, and whether they are likely to make the most of the opportunity provided.
ANDY HAMILTON 0438 323 510