YWCA NSW is looking for an experienced Project Worker to join its team. This exciting opportunity will involve the development and implementation of a culturally inclusive Domestic and Family Violence initiative within the Lismore area. Closing date: Monday 22 January 2018.
- Part time 22.5hrs per week
- Maximum term contract until 30 June 2018
- Design and deliver a program supporting women experiencing domestic and family violence
See the job advert for full details: Lismore_DV Project Worker_Advertisement
The Family Centre has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join a team that’s changing the lives of families in our supported playgroup, early intervention & intensive family support programs. Applications close 4.30pm Monday 22 January, 2018.
SCHCaDS Award Level 4
20 hours x 40 weeks
Based in Tweed Shire
Find out more and download an application package here
Namatjira Haven is looking for an Experienced Aboriginal male Case Worker and group facilitator. Applications close Wednesday 24 January 2018.
This position requires contemporary knowledge of current trends in alcohol and drug treatments for Aboriginal people and intervention strategies that support change in a compassionate culturally specific way.
See the job advertisement for details: CW add Dec 17
For more information, contact: Dian Edwards – Manager – Namatjira Haven 0266281098
The Northern Rivers Community Legal Centre Inc (NRCLC) has received funding from the Community Sector Banking for a project called Walking Together – Along the Road to Economic Independence. The project funds a part-time advocate/paralegal to support the legal services being provided by solicitors to clients experiencing family violence.
The NRCLC seeks expressions of interest for the advocate/paralegal position.
The principal functions for this role are:
- In collaboration with solicitors from the Legal Service, assisting clients experiencing family and domestic violence to resolve financial issues by advocating with financial, telecommunication and other service providers, utilities and other creditors, on their behalf.
- Developing procedures and templates for advocating for clients as described above, so that the work of the advocate can be continued by volunteers if further funding is not sourced after the fixed term.
- Towards the end of the project, providing feedback to financial, telecommunication and other service providers, utilities, other creditors and their regulators or relevant ombudsmen, about how their services could better cater for the needs of family violence victims/survivors.
See the full position description for details: Walking Together Advocate Job Kit Nov 2017
Applications for the position close at 4:00pm on Monday 27 November 2017.
The Red Cross save-a-mate program works to promote the health and wellbeing of young people by providing education and support on alcohol and other drug (AOD) use and mental health issues.
save-a-mate volunteers attend music festivals to encourage safe partying, act as a friendly point of contact and look out for people who may need help.
- Availability: Business hours, Evenings, Mornings, Weekends
- Varied hours of work including late nights and weekends
- Exciting festival environment
- Ongoing volunteer position
NCPHN is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Project Officer Healthy Towns for the community of Maclean. Closing date: 8am, Tuesday 21 November 2017.
Part-time (19 hours per week) up to 21 Dec 2018.
This position is being advertised internally and externally. Details can be found at http://ncphn.org.au/positions-vacant/